Frontiers to Forever: Day two - Does anyone really care?

Frontiers to Forever

Enter the exciting life of a Housewife, Mother, Homeschooler, and so much more! Who knew staying home could be so fascinating!! I have lots to say about simplicity, frugality, and family. Life in the slow lane, from a Christian perspective.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Vermont, United States

Christian, Homemaker, Wife and Mother of 4. I love my 'simple' country life. I'm all about finding the bottom line - how little do we really need? In 2008 I started getting interested in the preparedness movement. I'm not Fannie Farmer by any stretch of the imagination, but I'm making an honest effort to change the way my family lives. We raise a small flock of laying hens and are attempting to take our backyard garden seriously. We still buy too many prepackaged goods and spend too much time in front of the screens though.

7/03/2005

Day two - Does anyone really care?

Day two - reality settles in: Do I really have enough to say to keep writing every day? Once again I wonder if *anyone* is really interested. I supposed in these days of reality TV I shouldn't wonder. We have become a nation of voyeurs. We all want to know what everyone else is doing, how other people think. Our own lives have become so boring that we wonder "does anyone else feel this way?" So we jump on the web and... sure enough SOMEONE does. We don't sit and chat anymore - we blog; a one way conversation where everyone is listening and no one is interupting. It's safe, sure - you get flamed now and then - but for some reason it just doesn't sting so much when it's words on a screen. for me, the main thing that drew me in was this; I really don't know if anyone is interested - but by blogging, I'm not cluttering up my e-lists with stuff no one wants to read. I'm really very insecure, I suppose. This way I can write and write and not bother anyone - you have to come find me if you want to know what I have to say.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Amber

I visited from Patriarch Wives. I got a kick out of this post - I've been tempted to start a blog for the same reasons! My husband can take only so much chattering and I don't have any close local friends. Even on PW I'm invisible!!

Love the ugly dog - hope he starts pooping outside and not in your shoes!!!

10:18 AM, July 09, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home